Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Support for Json (Jackson) Serialization within a service (not web controller) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for Json (Jackson) Serialization within a service (not web controller)

Hi together,
    as we all know, there is a nice support of Jackson JSON Serialization in Spring Web, which is easy to use within Web Controllers (@ResponseBody etc.). In my situation, I want to reuse the configured Jackson Environment in order to serialize to JSON within my service.

I do not want to create an ObjectMapper every time, I want to use the Jackson Library. Is there any easy way to reuse the configured ObjectMapper which is automatically used, when using Json in a WebController?

Cheers
    fr

What is wrong with simply injecting the ObjectMapper? Configure the ObjectMapper and inject it into your service.

Comment

Originally posted by Marten Deinum View Post
      What is wrong with simply injecting the ObjectMapper? Configure the ObjectMapper and inject it into your service.
      Of course I can register my own ObjectMapper as a bean and then autowire it. I was searching for a way to avoid configuring a second ObjectMapper, as there must be an already configured one, which is used automatically when used in the WebController (with @ResponseBody).

Comment

No there isn't... That is constructed internally and not registered as a bean... However the spring components allow for the ObjectMapper to be injected so you could explicitly configure one and inject it into the spring components also.

Comment

Perfect! Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
          X