Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring MVC Controller RequestMapping

Aloha,

I am using Spring 3.1.3 and and am wanting to return XML from my controller. I have my method in my controller annotated as such.

Code:
    @RequestMapping (value = "/dumpData", method = RequestMethod.GET, produces="application/xml")
       @ResponseBody
       public String dumpDataInXML (HttpServletResponse response) throws TransformerException
       {
          // implementation details left out...
          // NOTE: my XML that is created starts with <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
          return generatedXML;
       }
    The String that is returned is not part of a JAXB object and is constructed dynamically. I wanted the response Content-Type to be "application/xml" so that the browser would display it as such. From debugging with firebug, the content type is set to "text/html" I then implemented a class that extended HandlerInterceptorAdapter and tried overriding preHandle (), postHandle (), and afterCompletion () to set:

Code:
    response.setContentType ("text/xml;charset=UTF-8");
    response.setHeader ("content-type", "application/xhtml+xml");
    I see my from my log all 3 methods were called, but the from firebug, the Content-Type is still "text/html" and to me it's as if setting the response header and content type were not honored or doesn't take affect. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!
    Mike
Working...
X