• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jetty-maven-plugin and loadTimeWeaver

i can't seem to have my spring webapp working with jetty-maven pluging

i always get

Code:
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'loadTimeWeaver': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: ClassLoader [org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppClassLoader] does NOT provide an 'addTransformer(ClassFileTransformer)' method. Specify a custom LoadTimeWeaver or start your Java virtual machine with Spring's agent: -javaagent:org.springframework.instrument.jar
    though i have:
    - set MAVEN_OPTS to
    -javaagent:/Users/blabla/.m2/repository/org/springframework/spring-instrument/3.1.3.RELEASE/spring-instrument-3.1.3.RELEASE.jar
    - set JAVA_OPTIONS to the same thing
    - added dep to <artifactId>spring-instrument</artifactId> and org.springframework.aspects

There seem to be a lot of problems running Jetty and trying to get it to run with any javaagent. The plugin seems to make this hard .

Apparently there are some who have various degrees of success by not including the spring-instrument jar in their application (only a provided dependency). It also appears that the newer versions of the plugin have a run-forked mode which allows for customizing the vm parameters, you could try that.

Comment

mmm.
      i thought i could use jetty to have a quick way for our front-end developers have the webapp up and running locally.
      we're using eclipselink in production and so i had to use persistence.xml and inject the entitymanagerfactory and so on.

i wonder if i could do that some other way

Comment

For reference, mfirry has posted this question at StackOverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/q/13799393/923560 . I'd be happy if anyone could post a solution.

Comment

Working...
        X