Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
recieving result from a spring controller method to a java servlet ? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recieving result from a spring controller method to a java servlet ?

i have this problem. Need help to find a nice easy way of doing this.

I have my java webapp (war-file). Which is a spring 3 application with a controller (which uses dependency injections to make sql calls trhough a dao). All well.

In this webapp i have now included birt framework(datawarehouse eclipse jars). This jar has it own servlets. (non-spring). I need to call and recieve result from my spring controller method from one of the birt servlets. The spring controller just returns a flag result, if the user has access to a resource or not.

So my question is how should i call my spring controller method from the servlet ? they both are in the same webapp. I would like to use the spring methods (as it has dependency injections to daos) to check if user has access to the resource or not.

Hope its clear what i need

thanks.

tried doing this by just calling the spring controller by using URLConnection, but it have to be a better way to do it:

Code:
    protected boolean __authenticate( HttpServletRequest request,
    			HttpServletResponse response ){

String urlName = "http://192.168.1.102:8080/reports/hasAccessToReport/2";
    URL url;
    try {
    url = new URL(urlName);
    URLConnection conn = url.openConnection();
    BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(conn.getInputStream()));
    String line;
    while ((line = in.readLine()) != null) {
    System.out.println("Output from Server :: "+line);
    //do something with the output
    }
    } catch (MalformedURLException e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
    } catch (IOException e) {
    	e.printStackTrace();
    }
    }

Would it be possible to use requestdispatcher to the spring controller, by using somehting like this ?
    Code:
    RequestDispatcher rd = getServletConfig().getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/springcontroller/springmethod");
    rd.forward(request,response);

Comment

Working...
    X