X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring web and Eclipse

Hi I am new to the forum. After searching all over the internet trying to fin a clearer answer to my problem, i have had no luck.

I am only about 3,4 months on Spring. My environment is Eclipse 3.7 Indiego Java EE edition, Java 1.6 SDK and Mac OSX 10.6. What I am trying to do is to develop a server side REST services talking to particular clients for our app. Therefore, this is so far just server side REST services implementation using Spring MVC. I have all the Spring Core JAR files comfigured to the build path as well as Spring security dependencies. When I go "Run As"->"Run on Server" (Tomcat 7 is the current web app server), the Spring Context loader couldn't find the beans declared in the xml configuration files by using the complete class path "com.xxx.xxx.filename".

I have successfully deployed by building the project with Maven to a war file and manually deploy to the tomcat dev server and test from there but i found its a pain in the ass to do that. And I figured using "Run As"->"Run on server" there is no class files generated to the output folder and I think this is the reason why context loader couldnt find them.

What do you guys all use for Spring web development and how do you guys ease your development with Spring. What should be the propery way of using eclipse with Spring?

Much much appreciated !!!!

Phil
Working...
X