Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How take the parameter value of a GET HTTP Request in my controller method? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How take the parameter value of a GET HTTP Request in my controller method?

Hello to everybody,

in this periodo I am studing the Spring MVC showcase example (dowlodable from STS dhasboard) and I have some simple question about the "Request Mapping" examples:

1) In my home.jsp page I have this link:

Code:
    			<li>
    				<a id="byParameter" class="textLink" href="<c:url value="/mapping/parameter?foo=bar" />">By path, method, and presence of parameter</a>
    			</li>
    As you can see by this link I am doing an HTTP GET Request having a "foo" parameter containing the value: "bar".

This HETTP Request is handled by the following method of the controller class MappingController:

Code:
    	@RequestMapping(value="/mapping/parameter", method=RequestMethod.GET, params="foo")
    	public @ResponseBody String byParameter() {
    		return "Mapped by path + method + presence of query parameter! (MappingController)";
    	}
    This method manage HTTP Request (only GET type) that have a parameter named "foo"

How can I take the value ("bar") of this parameter and put it in a variable inside the code of my byParameter method?

Thank you very much
    Andrea

this may help you:

Code:
    @RequestMapping(method = RequestMethod.GET)
        public String setupForm(@RequestParam("petId") int petId, ModelMap model) {
            Pet pet = this.clinic.loadPet(petId);
            model.addAttribute("pet", pet);
            return "yourpage";
        }
    I think the @RequestParam annotation is what you need, replace "petId" by "foo", example:

Code:
    @RequestMapping(method = RequestMethod.GET)
        public String setupForm(@RequestParam("foo") String foo, ModelMap model) {
            model.addAttribute("foo", foo);
            return "petForm";
        }

Comment

Working...
    X