Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Context initialization failed. Help with (external) Spring tutorial Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Context initialization failed. Help with (external) Spring tutorial

Hello,
    Apologies in advance if this is not the right place to ask for specific help with the Spring framework - I'm new to Spring.

I am getting errors running this tutorial using Spring with GATE embedded (General Architecture for Text Engineering). I am following the "simple web application" exercise (pg. 30) (source files here) and using Spring framework to inititalize gate and handle object pooling but when running ant and starting the jetty server, I get the error "Context initialization failed" (see full error here).

If I load a saved gate application, without duplication: <gate:saved-application id="myApp" location="/WEB-INF/gate-files/application.xgapp" scope="prototype" /> I get HTTP ERROR: 500, when submitting the form at http://localhost:8080/gate/process - No bean named 'gateHandler' is defined.

Could this have something to do with the gateHandler class? I have the spring-2.5.6.SEC01.jar inside /WEB-INF/gate-files/lib a module which I believe has been repackaged in later versions (>3.0) of the Spring, could this be a problem?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Edan
Working...
X