Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Build a Spring MVC application to modify a complex XML throw the browser Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build a Spring MVC application to modify a complex XML throw the browser

Hello,

I need to build an application to manage and modify complex xml document, so in few words, if you imagine to have:
    Code:
    Person.xsd
    <person>
        <name/>
        <age/>
        <friends/>
    </person>

Friend.xsd
    <friend><name/></friend>
    I need to build a UI with a simple form to allow a user to create/modify an object Person so a simple form to set the name, the age and to add a list of friends and SAVE it. When I save I should have an xml file with the values inserted by the user.

For now I started in this way:

1) created Java beans from xsd (JAXB)
    2) have some ajax call (to add a friend to the List in the Person object) in order to reload just the list of friend and not the entire page (is not straightforward in Spring use ajax right? how you suggest to use it?)
    3) on Save transform from Java bean to xml (marshaller JAXB)

since this structure I think is hard to mantain and is very complex when you want to modify the xml structure (adding friend object), I was asking to myself if XSLTView could be the solution for me and how you would implement the add action to show the subform to define a friend of a person and modify the xml behind adding the right node in the right place?

thank you Daniele
Working...
X