Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How do I display validation errors about an uploaded multipart file using Spring MVC Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I display validation errors about an uploaded multipart file using Spring MVC

Hello,

I have a Spring MVC application with a file upload form.

I would like to be able to display validation errors to a user if the uploaded content is not valid (e.g. the content is not an image, etc.)

However, by definition what is posted is of type: MultipartFile (multipart/form-data) and therefore I can't have a @ModelAttribute in my form and in order to use a BindingResult, it seems I do need a @ModelAttribute just before the BindingResult.

My question is then, what is the most appropriate way of displaying validation errors to a user when all I have is a MultipartFile? I could of course manually add model attributes to the model but I am sure there is a better way.

Thanks in advance,

J.

Not sure what you want to validate on a file-upload?! If you want to validate the file content I doubt this is the best way to do it. But if you really must...

Make the MultipartFile part of a model object (create a wrapper with a MultipartFile field) and validate that object.

Comment

Hi Marten,
      Thank you. It works.
      Regards,
      Julien.
      Last edited by balteo; Oct 26th, 2012, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X