Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Creating a Custom handlermapper, What handlermapping does spring mvc use? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a Custom handlermapper, What handlermapping does spring mvc use?

In my spring mvc application, I am using annotations on the controllers.

What handlermapping implementation will map my urls to controller methods then? (I use requestmapping("/home")

As a simple test to learn how to make my own handlermapper, how could I create a handler mapper that would do the following:

If a request comes in for the url "/myblog", I want to run the method in BlogController#index.

How would I do this?

Note: The goal for me is to learn how to create a handler mapper that will work dynamically (reading values from the db), so I can't hard code urls to controllers.

Depends on the spring version. 3.1 uses the RequestMappingHandlerMapping < 3.1 use DefaultAnnotationHandlerMapping... This is all explained in the reference guide so I suggest a read of that.

Regarding database driven mapping information use the forum search as that has been asked before.

Comment

Originally posted by Marten Deinum View Post
      Depends on the spring version. 3.1 uses the RequestMappingHandlerMapping < 3.1 use DefaultAnnotationHandlerMapping... This is all explained in the reference guide so I suggest a read of that.

Regarding database driven mapping information use the forum search as that has been asked before.
      I did find a post where you were involved, but I'm nto sure if it was 3.1 or not.

I'll try and find it again.

Comment

Marten, do you know where that post is?

Comment

Working...
        X