Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
spring-context-3.1.0.RELEASE.jar in project cannot be read or is not a valid ZIP file Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring-context-3.1.0.RELEASE.jar in project cannot be read or is not a valid ZIP file

Hi,

I am new to STS but comfortable with Eclipse and Java. I did the following:

1. Downloaded the Eclipse integrated STS on to my Windows 7 64-bit machine
    2. Created an MVC application using the template
    3. I have NOT added any code to this because I first want to make sure that my barbones application from the template works
    4. I deployed it onto the VMware tc server
    5. I am seeing the following error:
    Description Resource Path Location Type
    Archive for required library: 'C:/Users/<username>/.m2/repository/org/springframework/spring-context/3.1.0.RELEASE/spring-context-3.1.0.RELEASE.jar' in project 'MasterFrameworkMVC' cannot be read or is not a valid ZIP file
    6. I went to the location mentioned here and wanted to look at the contents of the jar. The result of that is -

$ jar tvf spring-context-3.1.0.RELEASE.jar
    Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -agentlib:jvmhook
    Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xrunjvmhook -Xbootclasspath/a:C:\PROGRA~2\HP\QUICKT~1\
    bin\JAVA_S~1\classes;C:\PROGRA~2\HP\QUICKT~1\bin\J AVA_S~1\classes\jasmine.jar
    java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid CEN header (bad signature)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:127)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:88)
    at sun.tools.jar.Main.list(Main.java:979)
    at sun.tools.jar.Main.run(Main.java:224)
    at sun.tools.jar.Main.main(Main.java:1149)

All I did was install using Spring's installer, create an application using Spring's MVC template and attempt to run on the tc server provided by spring. Why am I seeing this error and how can I get past it?

Thanks a ton in advance

An update:

I just downloaded spring-context-3.1.0.RELEASE.jar again and replaced it in my install. I now have a different error:

SEVERE: ContainerBase.addChild: start:
    org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/MasterFrameworkMVC]]
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(Lifec ycleBase.java:154)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInt ernal(ContainerBase.java:901)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(Co ntainerBase.java:877)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(Sta ndardHost.java:618)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescr iptor(HostConfig.java:650)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescr iptor.run(HostConfig.java:1582)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.cal l(Executors.java:441)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Futu reTask.java:303)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.jav a:138)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run Task(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/core/NestedRuntimeException
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

I do see this class in the spring-core-3.1.0.RELEASE.jar as shown below:

$ jar tvf spring-core-3.1.0.RELEASE.jar|grep "Nested"
    Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -agentlib:jvmhook
    Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xrunjvmhook -Xbootclasspath/a:C:\PROGRA~2\HP\QUICKT~1\
    bin\JAVA_S~1\classes;C:\PROGRA~2\HP\QUICKT~1\bin\J AVA_S~1\classes\jasmine.jar
    1691 Tue Dec 13 01:10:34 PST 2011 org/springframework/core/NestedCheckedExcept
    ion.class
    890 Tue Dec 13 01:10:34 PST 2011 org/springframework/core/NestedExceptionUtil
    s.class
    1045 Tue Dec 13 01:10:34 PST 2011 org/springframework/core/NestedIOException.c
    lass
    1698 Tue Dec 13 01:10:34 PST 2011 org/springframework/core/NestedRuntimeExcept
    ion.class

MY Questions are:
    1. How do I put it on the VMware vFabric tc Server's classpath so that the runtime can find it?
    2. The bigger question is: Doesn't STS and the MVC application from Spring's template set up all the necessary classpaths etc? Are there follow up steps and if yes, is it documented somewhere?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X