Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client side frameworks and Spring MVC

Hello all,

I currently have a Spring (3.1) MVC web app, that currently uses Apache Tiles 2.x, JQuery/Wijmo along with MongoDB. I'm using "fragments" and ajax to make the app work like a single page webapp.

My app is getting quite large and the Javascript feels like its about to really get out of hand with regards to organization, and implementation. What I mean by implementation is that since the code is starting to get out of hand, I think its causing issues within the application as to when certain JQuery/Wijmo widgets get drawn.

I've started to look at various javascript frameworks to help me get a handle on this. So far, I'm looking at ember.js. Has anyone integrated ember.js or similar into a Spring MVC app? I'm not quite sure how to add ember.js. Is there a better way to accomplish organization and structure of client code? What are people using? Should I use ember or something else?

Thanks in advance,
    John

hi,

backbone.js is a good (lightweight) mvc client side framework. this kind of framework is good starting point to do a client side application.

in my cas i use google closure library + plastronjs on client side.

Comment

sdnetwork,

Thanks for the info, I'll have to give backbone.js a good look. I'm curious, what do you think of closure, and plastronjs? What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using those? I'm not too familiar with Closure. I did take a very quick peek at it a while back. Perhaps I should look at it again.

Thanks for the feedback!
      John

Comment

Working...
      X