Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Application not starting up after upgrade to 1.1 final -Help Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Application not starting up after upgrade to 1.1 final -Help

    I upgraded to Spring 1.1 final and replaced the jars I had from 1.0.2 with the ones from the 1.1 distribution. Now my application is not starting but no errors are being printed. The only thing I see before everthing begins to shutdown is:

    Code:
    2004-09-29 11&#58;07&#58;36,518 INFO &#91;org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext&#93; - <Closing application context &#91;Root XmlWebApplicationContext&#93;>
    2004-09-29 11&#58;07&#58;36,518 INFO &#91;org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory&#93; - <Destroying singletons in factory &#123;

  • #2
    Re: Application not starting up after upgrade to 1.1 final -

    Originally posted by 2devnull
    I upgraded to Spring 1.1 final and replaced the jars I had from 1.0.2 with the ones from the 1.1 distribution. Now my application is not starting but no errors are being printed.
    You need to turn the logging verbosity up to DEBUG, then see what's happening

    Comment


    • #3
      I just did that also and basically everthing looks good until the lines above. I would have hoped for some exception to be thrown to the log so I would know exactly where the problem is, but no such luck. This is very strange. Not until those lines above does it tell you something is wrong.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think the problem is that my mysite-servlet.xml file is not getting loaded. What has changed between 1.0.2 an 1.1 that would cause this to be the case?

        applicationContext.xml and dataAccessContext-local.xml are getting loaded.

        Comment


        • #5
          Check the logs/localhost_log<date>.txt file for your Tomcat - I suspect you will see an error in there. I was vexed for hours by a very similar issue today.

          J.

          Comment


          • #6
            actually, I found the problem. It seems that 1.0.2 was loading the *-servlet.xml file by default. In the 1.1 version, you need to list it explicitly in the web.xml file


            Code:
            <context-param>
            		<param-name>contextConfigLocation</param-name>
            		<param-value>
            			/WEB-INF/dataAccessContext-local.xml  /WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml /WEB-INF/mysite-servlet.xml
            		</param-value>
            
            	</context-param>

            Comment


            • #7
              still same problem...... :x

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jmm52
                Check the logs/localhost_log<date>.txt file for your Tomcat - I suspect you will see an error in there. I was vexed for hours by a very similar issue today.

                J.
                yep...thanks for the tip. It was a sitemesh error and not a spring error. I updated to sitemesh 2.2 also at the same time. should have done it one at a time.

                Anyway, this version seems to have a remarkable performance improvement: my 88 beans used to take 1440 ms on avg. to startup, I just started up the whole app in:

                Code:
                <Framework servlet 'mysite' init completed in 170 ms>
                Thank you.

                Comment

                Working...
                X