Conversation support (SPR-6416) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversation support (SPR-6416)

In a project we're currently working on, we really need to implement some sort of "view" scope or "conversation" scope. Instead of starting from scratch, I figured I would try to use what has to been done so far as part of (the code can be downloaded from the 'conversation' branch in the Git repo Did anyone also try to use that? A good chunk seems to be done. I haven't run the code yet, but looking at it, some of the important parts that seem to be missing are:
    • Something to create a temporary conversation on each request (if none exists) so that a conversation can readily be upgradable to a long running one if needed
    • Something to clean up conversations that have timed out (either a background process or a clean up phase that runs on every request, which is how Seam does it (or used to anyways)
    • ...anything else?

I'm just curious how much work you think there is ahead. This would be a very useful feature in the next release. I hope work picks up on this in the near future.

Thank you.

Oh yeah, and it also seems to be missing something to restore the current conversation at the beginning of the request based on some request parameter.