X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separate ApplicationContext for each Tenant

Hey! Our company is creating a multi-tenant web application based on spring-mvc. Tenant is determinated by subdomain name. We want to use Hibernate, Hibernate Search, Spring Security and Quartz.

First I tried Hibernate 4 multi-tenancy, but Hibernate Search failed to support it. Then I created a Spring custom "tenant" scope, and had separate session factories for each tenant, but it quickly turned out that while for http requests it works fine, I am not able to determinate tenant for Quartz job as there is no request bound to thread.

When I thought it over I came to conclusion that it would be best to have separate ApplicationContext for each tenant. Most beans are lightweight - just dependencies, so memory footprint should be acceptable. I wouldn't need AOP scoped-proxies for accessing tenant scoped beans. I plan to substitute DispatcherServlet with one capable of routing requests to proper WebApplicationContexts. I will also need to modify springSecurityFilterChain to be aware of above, because each tenant has its own user space.

Now, I am new to Spring and would like to ask if anyone done something like that before and could share experience? Is it right direction at all, how do you think?
Working...
X