X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binding 1-N relations

I defined Orders which contains a Collection of OrdersDetail. Trying to update both Orders and related OrdersDetail in a single form:

Code:
    <form name="ordersMaintainForm" method="post" action="<c:url value="/orders/viewOrders.htm"/>">
    	<spring:nestedPath path="orders">
    		<table width="90%" align="center">
    			<tr>
    				<td>Orders Id</td>
    				<td>
    					<c:out value="${orders.ordersId}"/>
    					<spring:bind path="ordersId">
    						<input type="hidden" name="ordersId" value="<c:out value="${orders.ordersId}"/>"/>
    					</spring:bind>
    				</td>
    			</tr>
    			<tr>
    				<td>Status</td>
    				<td>
    					<spring:bind path="status">
    						<input type="text" name="status" value="<c:out value="${orders.status}"/>"/>
    				</td>
    			</tr>
    			<c:forEach var="od" items="${orders.ordersDetails}" varStatus="loopStatus">
    				<spring:bind path="ordersDetails[${loopStatus.index}].itemId">
    					<input type="text" name="<c:out value="${status.expression}"/>" value="<c:out value="${status.value}"/>"/>
    			</c:forEach>
    	</table>
    	</spring:nestedPath>
    </form>
    I manage to show the form with correct values. But when I submit the form, before arriving onSubmit, "Data binding errors: 1" was shown in log and the system jumped back to the form.

If I tried commenting out the ordersDetails part, the form is submittable.

I've tried adding the <spring:hasBindErrors> and activating log4j.logger.org.springframework=DEBUG, myLog. Both show nothing.

How could I debug it?
    and is it appropriate to try maintaining a 1-N relations in this way?

Is there actually a non-null object inside orders.getOrdersDetails().get(0) ? The objects inside your collection can't be null (although the properties on the objects inside the collection can be null).

Comment

I've init all the collections inside, and the form could be displayed with correct Orders and OrdersDetail values.

I got the binding error when I tried submitting the form.

I'm wondering is there special handling to instantiate a form object with collection inside...

Comment

Originally posted by Kei
        I'm wondering is there special handling to instantiate a form object with collection inside...
        Not really. Are you using a session form? Are you using Hibernate? Where do you load the object (inside formBackingObject()?)

It might help to post your controller code, including the XML bean definition for it.

Comment

Oh ...

You are right. I should use a session form.

Once I add the setSessionForm(true) into the controller constructor, it works fine now.

Thx a lot.

Comment

Working...
          X