Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring upgrade from 2.0.1 to 3.0.6 - Struts support

Hello Community,

The application I am working on was using spring 2.0.1 along with struts-tiles 1.3. And we have a bean activated this way:

Code:
       <bean id="viewResolver" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceViewResolver">
            <property name="requestContextAttribute"><value>requestContext</value></property>
            <property name="viewClass">
                <value>org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles.TilesJstlView</value>
            </property>
        </bean>
    Now, while upgrading to spring 3.0.6, it was mentioned that Spring 3.0.x requires Apache Tiles 2.x. I have upgraded to Tiles 2.2. However, in spring 3.0.x, the entire package org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles has been deprecated(removed) in favor of package org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles2, which doesn't contain the class TilesJstlView. I tried using 'org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles2.Tiles View' and 'org.springframework.web.servlet.view.JstlView'(Th is was present even in 2.0.1) in the place of TilesJstlView, but in vain. Either the app becomes unavailable or I get some exception.

Any pointers on how to do the new configuration? The deprecated api of TilesJstlView asks to checkout TilesView for 2.x support, but replacing it doesn't work. What do I need to do for my application to work properly with 3.0.x? Any pointer or material is appreciated.

And what is it exactly that you cannot configure or what doesn't work?

Instead of the InternalResourceViewResolver you should use a TilesViewResolver also tiles 2 has a bit of another configuration format that tiles 1. So again I'm not sure what it it what you want.

Comment

Working...
    X