Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye Spring, hello Wicket

Hi,

I tried to get Spring running for the past two days. A simple Hello Word project. That was all I wonted. I tried bunch of tutorials without any success. The community in this forum is apparently not very active. I wrote two threads regarding simple stuffs but nobody has answered.

So I said to myself "common dude ... web app developing couldn't be so hard, just try another framework"
    Tried Apache Wicket. The first tutorial that I found worked as a charm. Got it running in 7min.

My advice to Spring would be - create clean good tutorial that covers the installation of your framework. Create tutorial in which one creates simple Web App with the most common features.

For me is now:
    Bye Spring, hello Wicket!

I tried to get Spring running for the past two days. A simple Hello Word project. That was all I wonted. I tried bunch of tutorials without any success. The community in this forum is apparently not very active. I wrote two threads regarding simple stuffs but nobody has answered.
    You start 2 threads and within 24 hours you decide the forum is inactive, not sure by what stats you run but judging by my daily post count (and also others) this forum is far from inactive...

Tried Apache Wicket. The first tutorial that I found worked as a charm. Got it running in 7min.
    Great that it worked. Wicket is a fine framework, for certain applications however it isn't a silver bullet but neither is Spring. Wicket and Spring can work perfectly together (note not Spring MVC here!).

A hello world tutorial for spring can be found here. Also there are several quickstart projects available at the SpringSource github repository here.

My advice to Spring would be - create clean good tutorial that covers the installation of your framework. Create tutorial in which one creates simple Web App with the most common features.
    If you would have read the introduction part of the reference guide you would have been pointed to a list of articles and tutorials on the SpringSource website both written and video.

Comment

Hello Marten Deinum
      i am new in sprign. i just start to read spring mvc. i am facing some problem to understand xml spring configuration i.e. spring security, datasource etc....
      can you help me by suggesting some good examples or tutprials.

thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
      X