Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMX notification set up

Hello,

I am working on a web application, and currently we need some how to know whether a change has been done in some files adn then reload one bean declared in the context. I read about the Sprimg JMX implementation, and I think it could be a good solution.
    I am using james mail server, and in the context there was already declared an mbeanserver

Code:
    <bean id="mbeanserver" class="org.springframework.jmx.support.MBeanServerFactoryBean">
            <property name="locateExistingServerIfPossible" value="true"/>
            <property name="registerWithFactory" value="true"/>
        </bean>

With the exporter
    Code:
    <bean id="exporter" class="org.springframework.jmx.export.MBeanExporter" lazy-init="false">
            <property name="beans">
                <map>
                    <entry key="bean:name=stopWordsSearchBean" value-ref="stopWordsSearch"/>
                    <entry key="org.apache.james:type=server,name=smtpserver" value-ref="smtpserver"/>
                    <entry key="org.apache.james:type=server,name=lmtpserver" value-ref="lmtpserver"/>
                    <entry key="org.apache.james:type=server,name=pop3server" value-ref="pop3server"/>
                    <entry key="org.apache.james:type=server,name=imapserver" value-ref="imapserver"/>
                    <entry key="org.apache.james:type=component,name=domainlist" value-ref="domainlistmanagement"/>
                    <entry key="org.apache.james:type=component,name=dnsservice" value-ref="dnsservice"/>
                    <entry key="org.apache.james:type=component,name=recipientrewritetable"
                           value-ref="recipientrewritetablemanagement"/>
                    <entry key="org.apache.james:type=component,name=usersrepository"
                           value-ref="usersrepositorymanagement"/>
                    <entry key="org.apache.james:type=component,name=fetchmail" value-ref="fetchmail"/>
                    <entry key="org.apache.james:type=component,name=mailboxmanagement"
                           value-ref="mailboxmanagermanagement"/>
                    <entry key="org.apache.james:type=component,component=mailetcontainer,name=mailspooler"
                           value-ref="mailspooler"/>
                    <entry key="org.apache.james:type=component,name=mailboxcopier" value-ref="mailboxcopiermanagement"/>
                    <entry key="org.apache.james:type=component,name=james23importer"
                           value-ref="james23importermanagement"/>
                    <entry key="org.apache.james:type=container,name=logprovider" value-ref="logprovider"/>
                </map>
            </property>
            <property name="assembler">
                <bean class="org.springframework.jmx.export.assembler.InterfaceBasedMBeanInfoAssembler">
                    <property name="managedInterfaces"
                              value="the servers"/>
                </bean>
            </property>
            <property name="notificationListenerMappings">
              <map>
                <entry key="stopWordsSearch">     <!-- When the FILE changes, the notification comes -->
                  <bean class="project.CreateStopWordsContainerNotificationListener"/> 
                </entry>
              </map>
            </property>
        </bean>
    The bean stopWordsSearch is the one I want to reload when I get some notifications. I thought that the easiest way would be to get the notifications via console. So the user that makes the change in the file, write a command in the command line and reload the bean. (The user would be an admin, this solution is only temporal).

Following the documentation, I created the listener:

Code:
    public class CreateStopWordsContainerNotificationListener implements NotificationListener, NotificationFilter {

public void handleNotification(Notification notification, Object handback) {
            System.out.println(notification);
            System.out.println(handback);
        }

public boolean isNotificationEnabled(Notification notification) {
            return AttributeChangeNotification.class.isAssignableFrom(notification.getClass());
        }
    }
    I would like to know which steps should I follow, I have not much exprience with JMX Spring!!

I get this warn

WARN 13:06:35,035 | org.springframework.jmx.export.MBeanExporter | Bean with key 'bean:name=stopWordsSearchBean' has been registered as an MBean but has no exp
    osed attributes or operations

What does it really mean? I can not find anything googling

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mujer_esponja; May 24th, 2012, 07:10 AM.
Working...
X