Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring 3.0 Velocity integration failing to locate template.

When i am trying to get the template for mail messages am getting following exception -

Apr 25, 2012 7:53:53 PM org.springframework.ui.velocity.CommonsLoggingLogS ystem logVelocityMessage
    SEVERE: ResourceManager : unable to find resource 'facebook-user-published-list.vm' in any resource loader.
    org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundExce ption: Unable to find resource 'facebook-user-published-list.vm'
    at org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManag erImpl.loadResource(ResourceManagerImpl.java:483)
    at org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManag erImpl.getResource(ResourceManagerImpl.java:354)
    at org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getTem plate(RuntimeInstance.java:1400)
    at org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.mergeTempla te(VelocityEngine.java:370)

I am giving my application context configuration and velocity.properties file below, let me know am doing something wrong here.

APP CONTEXT CONF:

Code:
    <bean id="velocityEngine"
    		class="org.springframework.ui.velocity.VelocityEngineFactoryBean">
    	<property name="configLocation" value="/WEB-INF/conf/velocity.properties"/>
    </bean>

velocity.properties file:

resource.loader = file

Code:
    file.resource.loader.description = Velocity File Resource Loader
    file.resource.loader.class = org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.FileResourceLoader
    file.resource.loader.path = /WEB-INF/vm-templates/alert/
    #file.resource.loader.path = /WEB-INF/vm-templates/alert/, /WEB-INF/vm-templates/mail/digest/, /WEB-INF/vm-templates/mail/direct/
    file.resource.loader.cache = false
    file.resource.loader.modificationCheckInterval = 0
    As per velocity specification we can give multiple directories as well in the "file.resource.loader.path" section.

https://velocity.apache.org/engine/r...rationexamples

Hi

You can use org.springframework.ui.velocity.SpringResourceLoad er as a Velocity resource loader. It will help you load templates from WEB-INF. org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.FileRe sourceLoader loads files and tries to resolve /WEB-INF folder based on current path, which (in Tomcat) may be e.g., /var/local/tomcat/bin.

regards
    Grzegorz Grzybek

Comment

That is throwing some different autowiring exceptions. I will try to fix those ..

If i configure like below its works fine,

<bean id="velocityEngine" class="org.springframework.ui.velocity.VelocityEng ineFactoryBean">
      <property name="resourceLoaderPath" value="/WEB-INF/vm-templates/alert/"/>
      </bean>
      but i need to specify multiple dirs, that is not working that is the reason am trying the other approach..

Comment

Hi

If you look at the source of org.springframework.ui.velocity.SpringResourceLoad er.init(ExtendedProperties), you'll see this line:
        Code:
        this.resourceLoaderPaths = StringUtils.commaDelimitedListToStringArray(resourceLoaderPath);
        So you can use comma separated list as a value of resourceLoaderPath property.

regards
        Grzegorz Grzybek

Comment

Perfect its worked fine!

Thanks a lot Grzegorz!

Comment

Working...
          X