Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative Views

Hi,

Is there a way in spring to specify more then one view name for example in ModelAndView({ "view_customer_key", "view_default", model)
    and have spring use the first available view. The reason I need this is that I have a default view for all clients, but certain clients can have a customized view. Looking the API docs, it doesn't support this in ModelAndView but if anyone can suggest another method of checking for existing views that would be great.

Regards,

Huy

Use AbstractWizardFormController

Hi,

use "AbstractWizardFormController". In this setPages();

Regards,

Shahzad

Comment

I would do that as a HandlerInterceptor. You can write an Interceptor that can change the view name dynamically. I wouldn't use the logic of "if the view exists, then use it", I would explicitly code the logic to determine which view to use. The nice part about using a HandlerInterceptor is you can re-use the logic across all of your Controllers.

Comment

Originally posted by sethladd
        I wouldn't use the logic of "if the view exists, then use it", I would explicitly code the logic to determine which view to use.
        But this is what I want so that I don't have to change my code if a client decides they want a customized version. It would be similar to how internationalization would work I guess.

Comment

Working...
        X