X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring MVC 3, Tiles and Freemarker?

Is there someone with experience from building projects with Spring MVC 3, Tiles and Freemarker —possibly with SpEL in use too— that could tell whether this is viable at all? If so, please do write something about your experiences with these. How did you set it up?

I'm currently replacing jspx views in a Spring MVC 3 project initially set up by Spring Roo. Naturally, I'd like to use SpEL in Freemarker, but being a newbie with Freemarker I have no idea what is possible or preferrable.

Open for thoughts and ideas.

Originally posted by MiB View Post
    Is there someone with experience from building projects with Spring MVC 3, Tiles and Freemarker —possibly with SpEL in use too— that could tell whether this is viable at all? If so, please do write something about your experiences with these. How did you set it up?

I'm currently replacing jspx views in a Spring MVC 3 project initially set up by Spring Roo. Naturally, I'd like to use SpEL in Freemarker, but being a newbie with Freemarker I have no idea what is possible or preferrable.

Open for thoughts and ideas.
    Here is part of template using SpEL as FreeMarker directive:
    <@spel expression="We say '{@greetingBean.printGreeting(name)}'"/> from Freemarker

the template evaluation result is: We say 'Hello Felix' from Freemarker

@greetingBean is standard Spring bean (contains 'Hello' greeting field)
    name is FreeMarker model attribute (set up as 'Felix')

This is usable only for simple SpEL expressions producing String output.

For details follow this post:
    http://adaptiweb.blogspot.sk/2012/10...th-spring.html

Comment

Thanks! :-)

Comment

Working...
      X