Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RestTemplate and XmlSignatures

Hi,

after searching the forum and the web, I didn't find any hints concerning my problem. I've got a question concerning RestTemplate. Currently, I am implementing a (rest)client that needs to:
    a) sign its xml payload
    b) verify the signature on the response

Is there any support for this in RestTemplate? Can I (re-)use XWSS and the beans from spring-ws?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Last edited by de_tom; Feb 2nd, 2012, 02:33 AM.

Update

Here's what I tried so far:
    • ClientHttpRequestInterceptor: Intercepting the message before it was sent, accessing the raw byte[] of the body. Result: Not really nice, all headers have been set already - content-length needs to be updated after body was modified.
    • messageConverters: I have extended a Jaxb2Marshaller and added signing-functionality. Also a bit messy but seems to get the job done.

If you have any feedback, I'd love to hear it.

Regards,
    Tom

Comment

Update #2

In case anybody has the same requirement, here's what I ended up doing.

- Implement custom marshaller/unmarshaller
      - inject jaxb2marshaller as delegate
      - for signing: use jaxb2marshaller to marshall into an intermediate result, then apply signature
      - for validation: read xml, validate signature then pass the validated document to jaxb2marshaller for unmarshalling

In my opinion, it's not a really nice solution. I'd rather have reused the classes from spring-ws. When I have some spare time, I'll start investigating in this direction.

Regards,
      Tom

Comment

Working...
      X