Clear All

• Trying to set the cache expiry date in my controller

Hi,

I'm using the following construct
    Code:
    @Controller
    public class DefaultValuesController{

@Autowired private Services services;

@RequestMapping(value="/secure/{id}/metadataInfo.js", method = RequestMethod.GET, produces="text/javascript")
        public @ResponseBody String getMetadataInfo(@PathVariable String id, HttpServletResponse response)
        {
    		response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "max-age=31556926");

return "result";
        }
    But I notice that the base class of all controller implements the setCache which controllers have access to.

So I have two questions:

1) What is the best way to set the cache attributes in controllers' response?
    2) How could I get access to the real controller behind my POJO? How can I access the instance of WebContentGenerator which actually took care of my request?

Thanks for your help.

regarding 2 your controller IS the real controller.

Regarding the first if it is for all controllers use a HandlerInterceptor else implement it in the controller.

Comment

Thanks Marten,

I realize that my question 2) was a really a newbies question. For some stupid reasons I was lead to believe that Spring was somehow wrapping my class into a controller class when I was using the @Controller annotation. I was searching a way to access the cacheForSeconds method which was defined in the WebContentGenerator.

So now I figured out that I can do all this like this. Take the class which I defined before and add the extends WebContentGenerator, and there you go, you have access to the cacheForSeconds method.

Code:
      @Controller
      public class DefaultValuesController extends WebContentGenerator{

@Autowired private Services services;

@RequestMapping(value="/secure/{id}/metadataInfo.js", method = RequestMethod.GET, produces="text/javascript")
          public @ResponseBody String getMetadataInfo(@PathVariable String id, HttpServletResponse response)
          {
      		cacheForSeconds(response, 31556925, true);

return "result";
          }
      Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X