Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring MVC, forms, controllers...

Hi guys,

I'm new using Spring and I need your help. I'm creating a web app with Spring 3 MVC (I think I'm using Spring 2.5 techniques too... it isn't the point now) and I just don't know what to do.

The application is to navigate through images, using OpenLayers (javascript). So, I've got an image with some nodes, different points, it's like a map. So I want the application to start in the first node of the map (when I say start I mean to watch the first node in the map, it's just a javascript thing), and clicking on a button the map changes and goes to the second node.

I've got something that works now. I've got a controller where I pass to the view a list with all the nodes information (id, name, coordinates to see the node in the map...). A NodeManager captures the information from an XML file and it creates the list with all the nodes information.

I see the map and in the view I've got the list with all the nodes, but... The question is, I want to start the page the first time with the first node, maybe passing it with the controller to the view. But then I want to pass the node where the app is to a controller? and get the next node in the list, pass it to the view again and show it in the map.

I've got to put a form in the app? The view where the form has to bring me is the same where the form is, is that a complication? I've got to create a new Controller or complete the existing one? Remember that all the navigation is in the same page.

ANY IDEA???

I appreciate any link, any help, any tutorial... anything. Please help!
Working...
X