X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Validator does not support & CGLIB

Ran into a problem when upgrading hibernate2 to 3 and wondering if anyone else has seen...searching forums didn't yield anything.

Have a form, Validator and Command object. Command object is a hibernate pojo. When the form is called and submitted to create and save a _new_ command object everything works fine. However, when the form is submitted to update and existing object:

WorkflowFormValidator does not support class com.udcpension.data.Workflow$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$19e 6cb7c

The formBackingObject method in the Controller determines whether or not to bind a new command object or use an existing to the form.

Why is the Validator complaining? Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thank you people

The validator shouldn't complain, yet I've never encountered this problem.

I'm doing things a bit differently: Use a real pojo as form/command object and copy values to/from the hibernate pojos by hand.

Comment

Thank you rebornspirit!

http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=19104

Comment

Originally posted by phuber
        The validator shouldn't complain, yet I've never encountered this problem.

I'm doing things a bit differently: Use a real pojo as form/command object and copy values to/from the hibernate pojos by hand.
        If you use Commons Beanutils you can cut down on the manual copying of fields as well.

Bob

Comment

Working...
        X