Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
<a id="someId" href="somePage.html">Go to Page</a> and spring js ajax not working Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <a id="someId" href="somePage.html">Go to Page</a> and spring js ajax not working

Using the following code, clicking on the link does not work. STS is not pointing out an errors and Firebug is also showing no errors. When inspecting the DOM, the <a ..>...</a>, has been replace by a div block and a span block for the Go to Page part. What is wrong in my code:

Code:
    <a id="someId" href="somePage.html">Go to Page </a>
    				<script type="text/javascript">
    					Spring.addDecoration(new Spring.ElementDecoration({
    						elementId : "someId",
    						widgetType : "dijit.MenuBarItem",
    					}));
    					Spring.addDecoration(new Spring.AjaxEventDecoration({
    						elementId : "someId",
    						event : "onclick",
    						params : {
    							fragments : "main"
    						}
    					}));
    				</script>
    My tiles definition is:
    Code:
    <definition name="myLayout" template="/WEB-INF/views/myLayout.jsp">
    	<put-attribute name="main" value="" />
    </definition>

<definition name="somePage" extends="myLayout">
    	<put-attribute name="main" value="/WEB-INF/views/somePage.jsp" />
    </definition>
    in myLayout.jsp I have

HTML Code:
    <div id="main">
        <tiles:insertAttribute name="main" />
    </div>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    	Spring.addDecoration(new Spring.ElementDecoration({
    		elementId : "main",
    		widgetType : "dijit.layout.ContentPane",
    		widgetAttrs : {
    		    region : "center"
    	        }
            }));
    </script>
    I'm using a dijit.layout.BorderContainer as the pages primary container. Within it, I have a dijit.layout.ContentPane at region top for the header, another BorderContainer at region center, and another ContentPane at region bottom. Inside the inner BorderContainer, I have a fully populated MenuBar at region top and a ContentPane at region center. <div id="main> is this ContentPane. And there is, what seems to be, another problem. The containers are not rendering in the manner I'm use to. In vanilla Dojo/Dijit/Dojox, the containers have thin blue borders. But instantiating my layout via spring-js, there are no borders? Is this the default behavior of spring-js or am I doing something incorrectly? Also, I have the servlet.xml configured correctly. Before applying the decorations, all my links worked going through the AjaxUrlBasedViewResolver with view class FlowAjaxTilesView. My mvc:mapping is also configured and working correctly. I also have <mvc:default-servlet-handler /> specified to handle any other static content. Finally, I'm using a custom build of org.springframework.webflow.jar, org.springframework.js.jar, and org.springframework.js.resources.jar. My build of the three JARs is using Dojo1.6.1.

I don't think I've ever used a forum were help is so hard to come by. Even browsing the forum, there are so many threads that never got a response from anyone. Threads that are weeks to months old with no response. That is not good. Out of the many threads I've posted, I've only gotten one response.

Comment

Working...
    X