X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Portal Framework with Apache Tiles

Has anyone used the Spring Portal Framework with Apache Tiles to create a Portlet? I have a great application I created with Roo that
    uses Apache Tiles and I want to create some portlets into that application, so I naturally want to leverage Apache Tiles.

I couldn't find much in the way of Spring Portal Framework examples or tutorials, or examples of migrating from Struts Tiles to Apache Tiles. So any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ok diving in to see if I can figure it out without examples.

I have a Spring Roo generated application with a couple of entities, and not a lot of customization. When I had it the way I wanted it, I did a Refactor Push-in so now everything is in POJOs as a standard Spring Web MVC Application with Apache Tiles.

Now I want to make this into a Portlet application. I see that the DispatcherPortlet replaces the DispatcherServlet and I read in the Portal Framework documentation that the controllers, entities, filters, etc. are the same.

The Problem I have is what goes where?

in the web application I have web.xml, webmvc-config.xml and applicationcontext.xml

In a Portlet web.xml is about the same but fewer things are defined there. The portlet.xml defines the jsr-168 portlet definition and it has a PortletName. The PortlentName-portlet.xml looks to me to be equivalent to the webmvc-config.xml

I have been trial and error banging on it all day and while it doesn't always crash in Liferay when I deploy it, it doesn't do anything or show anything, except sometimes "not available, etc.

If I could find just ONE example of a Spring Portlet Framework with Apache Tiles, I could get some sleep and get the job done.

Comment

Working...
    X