Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Spring Portlet MVC, Ajax - using the ResourceAwareController Interface. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Portlet MVC, Ajax - using the ResourceAwareController Interface.

Hello,

I am attempting to use Spring MVC Portal and Ajax (using liferay 6, tomcat). Am new to Liferay and Spring Portlet MVC.

From documentation I have seen, I need to create a class that implements the ResourceAwareController interface, create
    a resource URL which maps to the class/method.....
    So far, having create an XMLHttpRequest object and invoked send()..., I've not been able to invoke the
    handleResourceRequest method of the ResourceAwareController interface.

Is there some full sample code that I can view that shows the correct process? including controller(s), jsps, xml
    mapping files etc.

Thank you,
    Simon

Hello

So far, having create an XMLHttpRequest object and invoked send()..., I've not been able to invoke the
    handleResourceRequest
    method of the ResourceAwareController interface.
    Could you post the source code? perhaps you have a missing detail

About the bold part, how did you get such conclusion?, Some error?

Is there some full sample code that I can view that shows the correct process? including controller(s), jsps, xml
    mapping files etc.
    with the best intentions, did you do a research on Google?

Comment

Hello,
      Thank you for your response.
      I have managed to get most of this process working now.
      The one part I've not currently managed to resolve is how to return the XMLHttpRequest
      responseXML attribute from the jsp file. Only the responseText attribute seems to get set.
      Even though I set the content type to text/xml and create an xml formatted string, the
      responseXml attribute is undefined.

kind regards...

Comment

Working...
      X