X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring / Sitemesh Integration Problem

I got a basic sitemesh example working with no problem (http://www.jforeach.com/learn-siteme...tes-or-less/96), however, when I try to integrate that example with a simple Spring MVC 3 application, it's like the sitemesh stops obeying what's in the CSS file.

The pages do get decorated, but there is no style applied (color, layout, etc.).

The style sheet is in /WEB-INF/styles/style.css and I've tried to refer to it mostly using the full path like this, but also the same way it worked before I tried to integrate Spring, etc.

Not sure what the problem is getting these two technologies to work together.

Would appreciate any replies or suggestions.

-m

resources in /WEB-INF/ won't be available to the outside world. You need to move your .css to somewhere outside of that location. I use sitemesh a lot and we just call in the .css within the header jsp from another location.

Comment

Thanks very much for your reply.

Yes, I tried that too, but the problem turned out to be --> I didn't have the "<mvc:default-servlet-handler/>" directive in the "spring-servlet.xml" file.

I didn't know about this directive.

So many little things that can go wrong with the initial wiring of an app (by a new Spring developer) I guess.

Thanks again!!!

- M

Comment

Working...
      X