Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Webcontainer 80 % threads were waiting for database getconnection!!!! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webcontainer 80 % threads were waiting for database getconnection!!!!

Dear all,

In websphere i got a below exception in during the peak load. My application running on the spring MVC. I have defined datasource connection pool size is 50 and time out setting is 180 sec...

I have reviewed the native_stdout.log file, the Object.wait() is showing 299 thread and percentage of usages is 80%.

Code:
    8/6/11 16:27:09:229 IST] 00002527 SystemErr     R org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionException: 
    Could not get JDBC Connection; nested exception is com.ibm.websphere.ce.cm.ConnectionWaitTimeoutException: Connection not available, Timed out waiting for 181193 
    at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceUtils.getConnection(DataSourceUtils.java:82)
    com.ibm.websphere.ce.j2c.ConnectionWaitTimeoutException: Connection not available, Timed out waiting for 181193

what could be the cause for the above errors?
    Is it related to application or websphere server?

Thanks,
    selva

I have defined datasource connection pool size is 50 and time out setting is 180 sec...
    Post your pool settings configuration

Comment

Its more than likely an application not a server/pool setting issue. You have code that is not releasing the connections. Its not an easy problem to trouble shoot. It could be a global config issue which is probably better b/c you fix it in one place. You might want to describe/post your configuration stuff here.

Comment

Pfa screen shot for your ref.

Comment

The pool connections is handle by websphere itself

could you post the values if you do clic on advanced ..... link?

To gain time, I suggest you read carefully the websphere documentation about pooling, it is out of scope of Spring

Comment

You have a connection pool (not really matters where it comes from) however spring manages connection releases. In general this is related to wrongly configured (or absent) transaction management or messing around with connections yourself and not closing them. If you use hibernate it could be related to the use of openSession in stead of getCurrentSession, or using the wrong transaction manager for the underlying technology.

Comment

Working...
            X