X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JspTagException

* This pertains to the <spring:message> tag, but I suspect this pertains to any other tags that throw this exception.

* I get the following output if I have the value attribute set to "TEST_FAIL":

javax.servlet.jsp.JspTagException: No message found under code 'TEST_FAIL' for locale 'en_US'.

* TEST_FAIL is purposely NOT set in the properties file.

When go to the page that generates this error....I was originally getting a 404 error. I came to find out there's a redirect of some kind occurring after the exception. The server ends up looking for error.jsp. If I create the file, then I don't get the 404.

Could someone suggest why I might need error.jsp?

thanks in advance,
    Mike

Found the problem. There was a <%@ page errorPage="error.jsp" %> in one of the included files that was causing the problem. error.jsp didn't exist.

Comment

I have wired up an exceptionResolver using SimpleMappingExceptionResolver. This exceptionResolver isn't able to "catch" an exception thrown from the JSP. In this case...JspTagException. Is there any way of doing this from spring? I assume the only way to do it is via web.xml with <error-page>? Is this right?

thanks in advance,
      Mike

Comment

Working...
      X