Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can some one write a small eg app for beginners

Hi !
    I am new to Spring, Can some one write a small web app that gets u running ; a very minimal one that helps struts users to migrate to spring ?

From what i've seen in the book Spring in Action, it looks like spring fits very well at the business logic level , but the web layer is just left alone ... the book just ditches you half way in the case of web based projects.

http://www.sourcebeat.com/docs/Sprin...pleChapter.pdf just got this link.. loos like it covers what we want :-)

Comment

Well It'll b still good if someone could write a simple one comparing it woth struts , with no Junit stuff etc, ... maybe even a simple login flow maybe enough..

Comment

have you seen the sample web apps that come with Spring? Look under the samples directory after extracting the Spring source.

Regards,

Comment

Yes i've,
          No offense meant but, i'd say its a situation like giving a person a block of alloy and telling him to find out what are the constituents of it and how it was manufactured :-)

Comment

have you tried some of the many books? Pro Spring covers building web apps, as does Spring Live (very good for leading you through examples).

I've also found the step-by-step helpful: http://www.springframework.org/docs/...p-by-step.html

Comment

Yep, I bought spring in action , but it doesnt cover MVC well, i should have bought Spring live . apparently it appears that a 2nd edition of this book is coming which will be covering Spring MVC well...
              Last edited by jvictor; Nov 12th, 2005, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Better yet, buy the online version, you get update to spring live for a complete year.

Comment

Working...
                X