X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring WebMVC + annotations - for multiple teams

Instead of going in the portal way (for various reasons), I'd like to have a Spring WebMVC project with annotations. The hard part would be that the project will be developed by multiple individuals and/or teams, not in the same place or timezone, or not at the same time. The coordination will be done by one person (me or someone else, but definitely one entry point). I will need a coding and organization convention to separate the different parts into different modules, yet able to "merge" them into a single, working web application.

Does anyone had similar problem previously? What do you suggest to follow as to start with?

It sounds to me like your describing the need for code versioning like SVN.

Comment

Originally posted by TerpInMD View Post
      It sounds to me like your describing the need for code versioning like SVN.
      Sorry, but that would be too basic. I'm looking for a more complex situation, where different teams work on different parts of the webapp, yet, it will be deployed as a single whole.

Comment

You should elaborate then because every development team everywhere uses code versioning to accomplish exactly that, letting people develop independently but also towards a common deliverable. Now if you are saying that each module is independent of the other modules, that is another story, then you might have multiple deployments.

Comment

The client will have a complex application that has multiple modules. The modules are mostly independent, and do the business logic by well-defined SOA-like interfaces. If there are dependencies between the data or interaction, it will be handled in the business logic.

The problem is the web (integration) technology, what and how to use, if the general condition is that each module is developed by different teams, and it is entirely possible that the teams will not have full access to the other modules (due to security or business secret reasons). The portal/portlet way would be natural, but I feel that to customize any portal environment to our needs requires more effort than to create reasonable patterns to follow in the Spring WebMVC world.

Comment

Working...
          X