Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub entity access in form submit gives me error

Hello..

I try to create a form to change an etity and its subentities within one single submit.

i Access the sub entites like this:

PHP Code:
    .. normal form stuff
    <c:forEach items="${runreportobject.reportTemplate.reportParameters}var="parameter" varStatus="status">
       <
    form:input path="reportTemplate.reportParameters[${status.index}].value"/>
    </
    c:formEach>

more form stuff 
    The form displays correct and the fields have the correct currenr value. But..

When i try to submit the form, i get the following error:

Code:
    org.springframework.beans.InvalidPropertyException: Invalid property 'reportTemplate.reportParameters[0]' of bean class [ch.sisa.reportit.web.controller.impl.functional.dataobjects.RunReportObject]: Illegal attempt to get property 'reportParameters' threw exception; nested exception is 
    org.springframework.beans.InvalidPropertyException: Invalid property 'reportTemplate.reportParameters[0]' of bean class [ch.sisa.reportit.web.controller.impl.functional.dataobjects.RunReportObject]: Cannot get element with index 0 from Set of size 0, accessed using property path 'reportParameters[0]'

Any idea what could be the cause for this?..

Thanks in advance

Code:
     Invalid property 'reportTemplate.reportParameters[0]' of bean class 
    [ch.sisa.reportit.web.controller.impl.functional.dataobjects.RunReportObject]: 
    Cannot get element with index 0 from Set of size 0, 
    accessed using property path 'reportParameters[0]'
    Seems the collection is empty, post your POJO definition and how you are filling this object to be used in the view

Comment

What kind of Set are you using? If its HashSet it wont work, you need an ordered collection or a special editor registered. Try changing to a List or TreeSet and it should work.

Comment

Working...
      X