Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How do I bypass Spring validation of "int" field when user cancels? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I bypass Spring validation of "int" field when user cancels?

Hi -

I have added no overt binding or validation meta-data to my application. I am relying on jQuery client-side validation.

However, two of my domain classes have int properties. When the user cancels out of a form and leaves that property's field blank or enters a non-int, I get a Spring validation error upon cancel.

I have combed the web and searched this forum. I saw a number of references to this problem vis a vis Spring 2 non-annotated controllers and WebFlow, but not Spring 3 annotated controllers.

Does anyone have any suggestions? My apologies if this has been covered, but if it has, I would appreciate a pointer!

Thanks!

Pam
    Last edited by peahayes; Jun 16th, 2011, 01:02 PM. Reason: tried to add tags in this field! oops

Answer is to add BindingResult to controller method signature

It seems the answer to this question is pretty simple. I added a BindingResult argument to my controller method, which traps the binding errors. I was already handling cancel, so I needed to add no further code:

Code:
    	@RequestMapping ("/saveNewAnswer")
    	public ModelAndView saveNewAnswer (Answer answer, BindingResult bindingResult, HttpServletRequest request) 
    	{
    		if (WebUtils.hasSubmitParameter (request, "cancel"))
    			return new ModelAndView ("secure/answer/manageAnswers", "resultMap", createAnswerMap (answer.getQuestion()));

// process the form and return a ModelAndView
    	}
    P.

Comment

Working...
    X