X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cron Job For Transfering data from one machine to another

Now here is a situation where i am seeking for an experienced opinion and advice. I have two machines both are running oracle 11G release 2. I have made an application (Spring 2.5) which will fetch selected data from my central Database machine and copy that data in schema of my second machine by a cron trigger with example code as under:
    bean id="cronTrigger" class="org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.CronT riggerBean">
    property name="jobDetail" ref="exampleJob"/>
    !-- run every morning at 6 AM -->
    property name="cronExpression" value="0 0 6 * * ?"/>
    /bean>

After customizing the data another cron job number 2 will run which will transfer back the the updated data in Central database. After updating the data on central database, the data present on my second machine will be deleted and will be ready to fetch new records to be customized.

Now what precautions and necessary things should i consider before deploying this idea on production. I have already tested it on my development environment but i just want to be positive if i am doing the right stuff.

Please be free to criticise and highlight all weaknesses.... i would really appreciate
Working...
X