Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new spring mvc project, client side validation needed

hi guys,

I'm starting a new spring MVC 3 project in these days, looking for an easy and good solution for client side validation. I need to validate form input fields on the fly (when user is typing), and on submit. I need autocomplete feature as well.

I can find several solutions on the web like DWR, DOJO, GWT, etc. supported by spring.

Is there a best practice, or offering what should I use?

thx,
    fifty

Hey ,
    I am also looking for some client-side validation library that I can use with Spring 3.

Comment

I can find several solutions on the web like DWR, DOJO, GWT, etc. supported by spring.
      how you could do a validation with DWR?

I need to validate form input fields on the fly (when user is typing), and on submit. I need autocomplete feature as well.
      I suggest you use jquery since it has an excellent API and is easy and powerful for the client side, you could therefore use events like keyup and blur, you must consider regex too.

It is not closely related with Spring

Comment

I have used the following JQuery Plugin on several projects and it has always served me well.

bassistance validation plugin

Comment

a bit off-topic but autocomplete was also mentioned - anyone knows a number one solution for jquery autocomplete ?
          This one here is pretty neat as it has regex syntax highlighting and json key/value support and thus can be used to replace large drop-down's.
          However keyboard input could be improved and on IE it shows sometimes a strange offset behaviour. (as can be seen in this demo [need to follow the navigation to find the autocomplete] ).

Comment

Working...
          X