X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with design/architecture decision

I have a chance to propose a new solution to replace a foxpro/vb application. I'd like to use spring mvc but the application is pretty big. There will be 3 applications that make this up. We've written one of them using portal, jsp and weblogic.

My question is what would I replace it with? we are using the weblogic enterprise security - ales. it's nice and eventually will run on tomcat.

I don't want to write it in struts! I like spring mvc but would it supprt 100 'views' or more? Remember I'm replacing a fat client with many screens.

Thanks for your professional input.

dw

Hi,

There's no limitation on the number of views (screens) Spring MVC can handle. In fact, it might help to look at Spring Web Flow as it can model multi page workflows very nicely.

Comment

The amount is only a problem with configuration, but what is a problem? If you use some general guidelines, and probably do some grouping in your configuration files (you can use more than one), you should be fine. I am currently creating a program with about 40 views and have absolutely no problem at all. So do not let the amount of views scare you.

Comment

further to the other two replies, also ensure you look into bean inheritance in your context definition files. This is a particularly powerful concept in the view layer where many beans tend to share several property values.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
        X