Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controller to Controller

Hi
    Can anybody here help me forwarding a request in one controlloer to another controller?

cheers
    Prins

You can call the handleRequest method on any controller:

Code:
    public class ... extends AbstractController {
        private Controller someController = null;

public void setSomeController(Controller ctrl) {
            this.someController = ctrl;
        }

protected ModelAndView handleRequestInternal(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws Exception {
            return this.someController.handleRequest(request, response);
        }
    }
    There may be conflicts when setting different caching semantics in these two controllers although that is probably unusual in most applications.

Comment

Ok, not 100% sure of this, but may aim is to do: when i am preparing to show a formView (ControllerPage1.jsp) (as a property of Controller1) and i it doesnt fulfill the conditions and thus i want to pass it to Controller2 and let Controller2 show its formView(ControllerPage2.jsp).
      Dont know if you know what im meaning

cheers
      Prins

Comment

Originally posted by prinsinn
        Ok, not 100% sure of this, but may aim is to do: when i am preparing to show a formView (ControllerPage1.jsp) (as a property of Controller1) and i it doesnt fulfill the conditions and thus i want to pass it to Controller2 and let Controller2 show its formView(ControllerPage2.jsp).
        Dont know if you know what im meaning

cheers
        Prins
        You need an org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResou rceView

Bob

Comment

Ok, now we are getting somewhere devijvers, now im able to redirect from controller1 to controller2, display controller2īs view, but when i submit in controller2 i get the request/onsubmit action into controller1!
          Any clue?

cheers
          Prins

Comment

Working...
          X