Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XWSS security with Spring not working.

Hi Everyone,
    I have developed a web service using spring forum, which uses spring's XWSS security integration. I want to protect it by validating the SAML Assertion in the security header of the web service soap request. But after trying out few XWSS configurations, I got little confused that whethet I am on right track or not.

Background:
    After getting authenticated with my Security Token Service(STS) I get the token of type HOK only and I want to pass this token directly in the <wsse:Security> header. But when I try to configure the Web service security policy file it says that it supports only SV type in <RequireSAMLAssertion> field.

The sun documentation is not very clear. [http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E...html#wp573466]

At one place they give an example of HOK type, but then it configures <SAMLAssertion> token instead of <RequireSAMLAssertion> token.

If I set MustUnderstand=1 in my web service request, I receive faultcode like below:
    <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:MustUnderstand</faultcode>
    <faultstring xml:lang="en">One or more mandatory SOAP header blocks not understood</faultstring>

I am not very sure of this limitation. Has anyone tried passing SAMLAssertion in security header? I am using spring-ws-2.0.0-RC2 for securing my web service.

I am badly stuck. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    NG

I am also facing the same issue. Please help

Comment

I am still waiting for response. Any help will be useful.

Comment

Do we have any samples for SAMLToken authentication? Shall we sign the SAMLAssertion and send the request to web service?

Comment

Working...
        X