Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Remote batch job submission/monitoring using Web Services for Enterprise Scheduler Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote batch job submission/monitoring using Web Services for Enterprise Scheduler

Spring application is using Quartz scheduler to schedule/submit batch jobs using submission screen. Application also provides a simple schedule API to call to schedule a job from other program. Basically, scheduler interface can all over 50 jobs which most of them have several tasks to execute.

My question is regarding to enable web service to schedule those services. We can either expose each service job to schedule individually, or use the existing API (which is not web service and doesn't have all I need).
    I know Quartz is capable to handle RMI, but now sure for Web Services. I was not able to find any resources on how to schedule through Quartz using Web services.

I was planning to trigger/schedule these services from an enterprise scheduler using Web Services(or jmx) and I need you guys advise.
    Existing submission API doesn't provide any method to check the result or return the error log details in case of error.

So, it is basically schedule from remote and monitor the submitted job from remote using web services. What do you recommend?
    Do I still need Quartz in the picture? What is the best approach?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by gelverili; Mar 20th, 2011, 02:36 AM. Reason: spell check
Working...
X