Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Can a Spring Soap interceptor modify the contents of a message? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a Spring Soap interceptor modify the contents of a message?

I'm trying to write an interceptor for a web service that will modify the contents of the Soap message before is sent on to the endpoint. If a client sent a message where the value of some element is 1, I want to be able to alter that element to a 2 so that, when the message arrives at the endpoint, it looks as if the client submitted a 2 instead of a 1. I'm not sure if this is a difficult task which is elluding me, or an easy task which I am making harder than it needs to be.

I have stepped through some of the Spring interceptors; but the validation and logging interceptors don't every alter the message that is in transit. The Wss4jSecurityInterceptor does add some properties to the MessageContext; but I haven't been able to leverage anything that it is doing. I have a shell of an interceptor; but nothing that is doing anything of any value.

Code:
    	public boolean handleRequest(MessageContext messageContext, Object endpoint)
    			throws Exception {

SaajSoapMessage saajSoapMessage = (SaajSoapMessage) messageContext
    				.getRequest();
    		SOAPMessage soapMessage = saajSoapMessage.getSaajMessage();
    		SOAPBody soapBody = soapMessage.getSOAPBody();

return true;
    	}
    I was hoping there was a chance that soembody else had already solved this particular problem. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Not sure if you're still waiting for an answer to that question, but your problem is that you forgot to call
    Code:
    soapMessage.saveChanges()
    after you modified the message in your interceptor. If you don't, SAAJ will silently discard all your changes

Code:
    	public boolean handleRequest(MessageContext messageContext, Object endpoint)
    			throws Exception {

SaajSoapMessage saajSoapMessage = (SaajSoapMessage) messageContext
    				.getRequest();
    		SOAPMessage soapMessage = saajSoapMessage.getSaajMessage();

// message modifications here

// save changes to message
                    soapMessage.saveChanges();
    		return true;
    	}

Comment

Originally posted by cwagner View Post
      Not sure if you're still waiting for an answer to that question, but your problem is that you forgot to call
      Oh. I hadn't seen that method. I was unable to figure out what I was doing wrong, and eventually ended up finding a different resolution to the problem set in front of me at that time. See the link below for details if interested.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...s-of-a-message

If I find a few moments, I may circle back and see if that indeed is what I was looking for. And if not, I've still potentially learned something new. =)

Thanks,
      -Dave

Comment

Thanks for the thanks

I found your post while looking for the solution to a slightly different problem -- I was trying to figure out how to use Spring-WS to talk to talk to a web service that expects several message parts, i.e. like so:

Code:
        <SOAP-ENV:Body>
          <Element1>...</Element1>
          <Element2>...</Element2>
        </SOAP-ENV:Body>
        This seems to be impossible to produce using the hooks Spring-WS supplies, so I had to resort to using SAAJ to modify the message body directly. In other words, I used your interceptor stub (and added the saveChanges() call). Worked perfectly, so I thought I'd say thanks by answering your original question

Comment

The same puzzled as you..

This seems to be impossible to produce using the hooks Spring-WS supplies, so I had to resort to using SAAJ to modify the message body directly. In other words, I used your interceptor stub (and added the saveChanges() call). Worked perfectly, so I thought I'd say thanks by answering your original question

Comment

I have no clue on how to make changes to the SOAP content after this line.....

Code:

I do not understand which methos in SOAPBody will help me change the raw data.

I appreciate an example. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Is there still no solution to sending a message with multiple parts without resorting to SAAJ? I would think since WebServiceTemplate is supposed to be conceptually inspired by JDBC Template they'd have a function that would allow for variable length argument lists.

Comment

Working...
              X