Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
springsws + ibm websphere 6.1 = java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• springsws + ibm websphere 6.1 = java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError

Hi!

I read the tutorial about Spring Web Services and all code is from there.
    I'm using Spring-Ws v1.5.9, WebSphere v6.1.0.25 and Rational Application Developer v7.5.3. I read the FAQ about the WebSphere solution and I still have a problem.

These libraries are in my EAR:
    Code:
    jaxen-1.1.1.jar
    jdom-1.1.jar
    saaj-api-1.3.jar
    saaj-impl-1.3.2.jar
    spring-aop-2.5.6.jar
    spring-beans-2.5.6.jar
    spring-context-2.5.6.jar
    spring-core-2.5.6.jar
    spring-web-2.5.6.jar
    spring-webmvc-2.5.6.jar
    spring-ws-core-1.5.9.jar
    spring-xml-1.5.9.jar
    wsdl4j-1.6.1.jar
    xalan-2.7.1.jar
    xercesImpl-2.8.1.jar
    xml-apis-1.3.04.jar
    In application.xml, on tab Deployment, EAR is set to PARENT_LAST, MODULE=WAR, WAR is set to PARENT_LAST.
    I know that I'm getting error java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError beacuse of the xerces library.

Complete error trace:
    Code:
    Caused by: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
    	at org.apache.xml.serializer.TreeWalker.<init>(TreeWalker.java:97)
    	at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.transform(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:389)
    	at org.springframework.xml.transform.TransformerObjectSupport.transform(TransformerObjectSupport.java:112)
    	at org.springframework.ws.wsdl.wsdl11.provider.InliningXsdSchemaTypesProvider.getSchemaElement(InliningXsdSchemaTypesProvider.java:113)
    	at org.springframework.ws.wsdl.wsdl11.provider.InliningXsdSchemaTypesProvider.addTypes(InliningXsdSchemaTypesProvider.java:101)
    	at org.springframework.ws.wsdl.wsdl11.ProviderBasedWsdl4jDefinition.afterPropertiesSet(ProviderBasedWsdl4jDefinition.java:233)
    	at org.springframework.ws.wsdl.wsdl11.DefaultWsdl11Definition.afterPropertiesSet(DefaultWsdl11Definition.java:170)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1369)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1335)
    	... 39 more
    Anyone has a solution?

Thanks.
    Last edited by whisper; Mar 3rd, 2010, 07:28 AM.

Solved the problem

These libraries must be included:
    Code:
    // libraries from spring-ws-1.5.9
    jaxen-1.1.1.jar
    jdom-1.1.jar
    saaj-api-1.3.jar
    saaj-impl-1.3.2.jar
    spring-aop-2.5.6.jar
    spring-beans-2.5.6.jar
    spring-context-2.5.6.jar
    spring-core-2.5.6.jar
    spring-web-2.5.6.jar
    spring-webmvc-2.5.6.jar
    spring-ws-core-1.5.9.jar
    spring-xml-1.5.9.jar
    stax-api-1.0-2.jar
    wsdl4j-1.6.1.jar

// below are libraries from apache xalan project
    serializer.jar
    xalan.jar
    xercesImpl.jar
    xml-apis.jar
    xsltc.jar

Comment

Trying to get Spring WS running on WAS 6.1 also

In the code snippet you included, you listed five jars you stated are from the apache xalan project. Does this mean you also had to include those jars in your application? If so, what versions of those libraries did you use?

Comment

i use spring source tool suite to develop my project. i have a parent pom with two modules for (ear and war ) . the war is a set of restful web services built using spring WS . i have to package it as an ear and deploy it in webpshere app server 6.1 . I am not sure how to generate or write the ibm binding files . is it first of all required ( ibm-web-bind.xmi and ibm-web-ext.xmi files ) .

Comment

Working...
        X