Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any issues using my WS template's Jaxb2Marshaller?

Hi All - I plan on digging in more on this, but was hoping I could possibly get some feedback here.

The problem: I've subclassed WebServiceGatewaySupport, this handles all of our web service calls so far perfectly. Now I'm required to add a new web service call to my app that doesn't quite fit in right. Typically my WebServiceGatewaySupport returns types ready for anyone who needs them, by that i mean no more unmarshalling. This new service basically results (via WebServiceTemplate.marshalSendAndReceive) in a, let's say, ServiceResponse object, and this class only really has one method, "String getResponse()". The String is a big ol' chunk of xml, for which I have a schema.

So the problem is really that I need an extra unmarshalling step in my gateway. The solution I've come up with is that in my gateway, I ask my WebServiceTemplate for it's unmarshaller, create a source based on the xml String, and unmarshal away. Any implications to this? Anything that maybe the template does behind the scenes (synchronization?) that I need to take care of myself?

Thanks for reading,
    -Trolly
Working...
X