Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie question: WS analogy to HttpInvoker?

Hi. I'm sort of new to WS, and spring-ws but not to spring.

I have some remote services which I currently expose using spring's HttpInvokerServiceExporter. My services are well thought out and return simple interfaces, for example:
    Code:
    public interface IMyQueryService {
      @Secured("PERMISSION_QUERY")
      IMyExternalDomainObject queryObject(String objectIdentifier);
    }
    Where IMyExternalDomainObject is a simple interface -- recursively enumerable into primitive types and contains no self references -- AKA trivial to marshal into XML using JAXB.

My question is this:
    What is the fastest, simplest path to securely expose this service using Spring-WS? Is there an analogy to what the HttpInvoker does, basically I want to use some auto-marshaling technology (like jaxb) to do with the HttpInvoker does using java serialization.

I started reading through the spring-ws tutorial and stopped dead in my tracks when I got to section 3.6 and saw all this XPATH stuff. From the tutorial, it looks like you are supposed to hand code an XML input parser using the XPATH libraries. What if I need more complex input and output types?

Another question:
    What marshaling technologies are people using for new projects?
    The approach advocated in the tutorial did not seem helpful to me, and I immediately started looking somewhere else, JAX-WS seems more promising but there are so many different binding technologies; honestly I have no idea what to even use.

Is XPATH still the preferred method? What are people currently using with spring?
Working...
X