StockQuote Service - Problems Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StockQuote Service - Problems

I am trying to use StockQuote service as an example for my own service and am following it as best as I can. Before I get into the issue that I am facing, I should clarify that StockQuote works on my machine. Having said that, here is the problem:

I get the following message when I start my service called "EnrollmentService":

Press [Enter] to shut down...
    Oct 21, 2009 10:09:08 AM dispatch
    WARNING: No endpoint mapping found for [SaajSoapMessage {}enrollmentDataRequest]

I do not get this WARNING message when I run the StockQuote service so apparently, there is a mapping problem since when I run the client, I can capture the outgoing SOAP message as shown below:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="">
    <SOAP-ENV:Header xmlns:wsa="">
    <wsa:To SOAP-ENV:mustUnderstand="1">http://localhost:8001/EnrollmentService</wsa:To>
    <ns0:enrollmentDataRequest xmlns:ns0="">

So it seems like the client is working fine except that I don't get a response from the server and I know that the service is not being invoked since I have a trace statement in my Enrollment Service as shown below:

// optional
    public class EnrollmentService {

public EnrollmentService() {

@Action(value = "",
    output = "")
    public EnrollmentDataResponseType getMemberInfo(EnrollmentDataRequestType request) {
    EnrollmentDataResponseType response = new EnrollmentDataResponseType();
    System.out.println("Request received");
    return response;

To the best of my knowledge, here is where I should annotate that this particular class serves as my endpoint. why I am getting this warning then?

I bigger question is: how should I go about debugging this sort of problem in Spring Web Services? There seems to be an acute lack of good documentation/tutorial materials around the more intermediate to advanced usage scenarios.