Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Castor XML or JiBX) && Spring WS

Howdy,

I am trying to publish web services for a bunch of classes (a framework) that I created... It seems there are a few options in the arena for XML mapping... three that are in contention right now are JAXB, JiBX, and Castor. JAXB I have a technical issue with which I have not been able to resolve yet... (it's not playing nice). I am more interested in the other two options however as they appear to offer more flexibility and easier use. One factor seems to stand in the way in of each though:

1.) JiBX - I am wondering why the Spring WS Marshalling facilities require you to select a single class as the entry point for marshalling? What if I want to pass one class to one service and another class to another? How are you supposed to create different payloads for different services offered through the same Dispatcher? - I can obviously create one generic object that accepts all possible payloads but that seems quite barbaric for Spring standards.

2.) Castor - How does Spring WS obtain a schema to use with Castor services ? Are we required to use Java source code generation? What if you already have the classes and want to map to a schema? Unless I have not found ti yet... the Castor documentation seems to state that you can generate a mapping file to do your mapping for you but does not seem to say how you would produce a schema from this mapping...

Any insight would be appreciated...

Thanks.

Keith

I think I have a potential solution to part one (JiBX) above but there are still questions...

Assuming I am using the @Endpoint and @PayloadRoot annotations on my service...

Am I required to define one GenericMarshalllingMethodEndpointAdapter with a JiBX marshaller that accepts an XML object matching that payload declaration... If so, wouldn't this also mean that I need to create a class that matches that payload declaration with the appropriate contents as well (since the schema is generated and the jibx marshaller needs to understand the binding constructs)?

Thanks.

Keith

Comment

Working...
    X