Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross context transaction

Hi, I have a problem.

I have an application A which performs an operation
    on a database1 and invokes (by spring httpinvoker) a service (an application B)
    which performs an operation on a database2 (database1 and databas 2 can be the same or not).

All operations should be in a unique transaction so if the operation on database2
    doesn't work the global rollback should perform a roolback on database1 also.

Do you know if it is possible do this and if there are technologies which I can
    use with Spring?

Thanks a lot, Enrico

Originally posted by oliosien View Post
    Hi, I have a problem.

I have an application A which performs an operation
    on a database1 and invokes (by spring httpinvoker) a service (an application B)
    which performs an operation on a database2 (database1 and databas 2 can be the same or not).

All operations should be in a unique transaction so if the operation on database2
    doesn't work the global rollback should perform a roolback on database1 also.

Do you know if it is possible do this and if there are technologies which I can
    use with Spring?

Thanks a lot, Enrico
    I think, it's one of the exeptional cases to go with EJBs, sharing tx context in a distributed network environment. On the other hand your current app server might not have such feature as it is not mandatory in jee spec. I suggest you to getting rid of this tx context sharing by changing your business logic implementation, i.e. combine it into one method call. This will be much cheaper to go with...

Comment

Originally posted by ksevindik View Post
      I think, it's one of the exeptional cases to go with EJBs, sharing tx context in a distributed network environment. On the other hand your current app server might not have such feature as it is not mandatory in jee spec. I suggest you to getting rid of this tx context sharing by changing your business logic implementation, i.e. combine it into one method call. This will be much cheaper to go with...
      Thanks a lot ksevindik for your help.

Do you think that Spring will make somethings to manage cross context transaction in future?

Comment

Working...
      X