X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redirecting to a secure channel

I have successfully implemented authentication/authorization security for SOAP requests using Spring Security with Spring WS and the Wss4jSecurityInterceptor which acts on the request during SOAP message processing.

Now I would like to use the intercept-url mechanism in Spring Security to redirect non-secure requests (port 80) to the secure channel (port 443). I have not found any documentation on doing this so I have tried what seemed to be the way it should be done based on the Spring Security documentation for a normal webapp. From what I am running into, it doesn't appear that this is supported, but I may be doing something wrong.

The first step in intercepting requests for Spring Security is to add a Spring DelegatingFilterProxy to the web.xml. The DelegatingFilterProxy is supposed to delegate to a springSecurityFilterChain bean that is implicitly created in the application context when the security namespace is used. However, when I add the filter to the web.xml the DelegatingFilterProxy throws an IllegalStateException because it is unable to find the WebApplicationContext:

Code:
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: No WebApplicationContext found: no ContextLoaderListener registered?
    	at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:159)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1148)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:387)
    My web.xml contains the standard Spring WS MessageDispatcherServlet declaration and the standard Spring Security filter declaration:

Code:
        <servlet>
            <servlet-name>myapp</servlet-name>
            <servlet-class>org.springframework.ws.transport.http.MessageDispatcherServlet</servlet-class>
            <init-param>
                <param-name>transformWsdlLocations</param-name>
                <param-value>true</param-value>
            </init-param>
        </servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
            <servlet-name>myapp</servlet-name>
            <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>

<filter>
            <filter-name>springSecurityFilterChain</filter-name>
            <filter-class>org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy</filter-class>
        </filter>

<filter-mapping>
            <filter-name>springSecurityFilterChain</filter-name>
            <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>
    My application context is provided in the WEB-INF directory as myapp-servlet.xml and everything works fine when the filter is not present.

Am I missing something (should I be explicitly adding a ContextLoaderListener to the web.xml), or is this just not supported? If not, should it be, or is there an alternative way I should be doing this. I will probably end up using a global redirect in my Tomcat configuration, but I would like to not have to rely on that.

Element filter must be the first in web.xml file...

Comment

Originally posted by afborroy View Post
      Element filter must be the first in web.xml file...
      Thanks for the correction. I moved the filter up to be the first declaration in the web.xml, but I still got the same error.

Comment

Working...
      X